Inherent Resolve Strikes Target ISIS in Syria, Iraq
SOUTHWEST July 8, 2017 – US military coalition and coalition continued to attack yesterday the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, which carries 29 strikes consisting of 76 engagements, today announced the operation of the inherent integrated Resolve Force Of Joint Task.
Officials reported details of the latest strikes, noting that the results of the assessments are based on initial reports.
Strikes in Syria
In Syria, the coalition armed forces carried out 24 strikes consisting of 30 commitments against ISIS targets yesterday:
– Near Abu Kamal, two attacks destroyed three fixed ISIS oil images, nine barrels of oil and a storage tank.
– Almost Shadaddi, strike destroyed two ISIS stills and two barrels of oil.
– Dayr Az Zawr Almost three attacks destroyed two ISIS stills, two vehicles, two tank trucks and a front loader.
– Nearly Raqqa, 18 strikes were launched 16 ISIS tactical units and destroyed 17 combat positions, two vehicles and a tunnel.
The strikes in Iraq
In Iraq, coalition forces carried out five military attacks consisting of 46 commitments against ISIS targets yesterday:
– Almost Beiji, a strike started an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed three vehicles.
– Near Mosul, three strikes participated in two ISIS tactical units; Destroyed 19 combat positions, 10 medium machine guns, two weapon caches, artillery systems and the rocket-propelled grenade system; Damaged 13 combat positions; And a mortar system is removed.
– On July 5 near Mosul, two strikes hired two ISIS tactical units; A destroyed 13 medium-sized machine guns, four propelled grenade launcher, four improvised bombs, three combat positions, a sniper position, an ISIS building, a tank, a vehicle, a control node and control and weapons depot; A damaged 15 combat positions; And a team of snipers is withdrawn.
– July 5 near Raqqa, two strikes hired two ISIS tactical units; To destroy a battle station, a frontal loader and an unmanned launching air system; And eliminated 17 combat positions and a team of snipers.
– On July 6 near Mosul, a strike began an ISIS tactical unit; Destroyed a combat position, a mean and a control and weapon control node system; And damaged two supply routes.
– July 6 near Raqqa, eight strikes participated in seven ISIS tactical units and destroyed five combat positions, a rifle without recoil, a weapons deposit and the creation of ISIS.
Part of Operation Resolve Inherent
These attacks were carried out under the inherent Resolve operation, the operation to destroy ISIS in Iraq and Syria. The destruction of ISIS targets in Iraq and Syria further limits the group’s ability to project terror and carry out external operations throughout the region and the rest of the world, authorities said the task force.
The above list contains all strikes by combat aircraft, attack, bomber, rotary wing or by remote control; Propelled artillery rockets; And the tactical artillery plant by firing on targets, officials said.
Artillery fired at the ground fire or support fire to handle the papers is not classified as a strike, they added. A strike, as defined by the coalition, refers to one or more kinetic commitments that are approximately in the same place to produce a simple or cumulative effect.